An Audit of My Blog

I have written 9 posts since March. All of my posts were set by my teacher and moderator from a student blogging challenge website. I didn’t write any that were school based or on my own interests. I have had one oversea students/visitors that have gone on my blog. I received 6 comments from classmates and from the moderator (Miss W). The post called “Week 9: Doing My Best”, received the most comments (2) because I was being truthful and writing from my heart. I had the most fun making the post, “Week 8: Cyber Safety”, because I made a video on keeping kids safe on the internet. I didn’t change my blog themes often because I liked how my blog looked and wanted to show a consistent theme. I have 11 widgets, which is about the perfect number of widgets to use because I don’t want my blog to be filled with nonsense widgets that did not add value to my blog.

I had my friend, Gavin, look at my blog. His first impression was that my blog looked like a website for babies. He said that the things that caught his attention were the posts “Week 9: Doing My Best”  and “Week 8: Schooling” because of how I included everything in the survey onto a pie chart. He was distracted from the theme of the blog because of all the bright colors. He suggested that I keep my posts short.

I also asked my dad to look over my blog and see how it was. He said that this blog seemed too elementary. Pictures of the animals on top of the screen captured his attention, but the title of the blog and grammatical errors, distracted him from the blog. His suggestion for my blog is to double check the grammar before posting.

My mom’s comments were on the positive on the pictures. She actually liked the art. It was cute and showed my personality. Although she liked the leadership post, she suggested a brighter and less morbid story for a next story.